Many of you know that Pastor Debbie Pratt is undergoing chemo and radiation treatments. She is such a trooper! Each Wednesday evening following her chemo treatment, I have the privilege of sharing "Girlfriend Time" with Debbie so Pastor Gary can preach at LFA's Wed. evening service.
Pastor Debbie and I have a "pact." I come in with no expectations of conversation. She refers to this time as "ministry of presence" time. Following chemo treatment, she is ready for rest. She sets the pace for what we do. After her rest time, she is usually ready to walk outside and sit on her bench. Her smile tells it all. Her body may be weak, but her spirit is strong! I'm learning so much about my friend as she walks this journey. (In fact, as we walk along side her and Pastor Gary.) She has such a beautiful spirit. Her faith and confidence in God has never been stronger! She depends on the Word to sustain her through her long days and nights. She is more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus who IS giving her strength. The plan as laid out by her caring physicians is for her radiation and chemo to be complete in about 2 weeks. We will all be rejoicing when she is looking back on this time, instead of walking through it.
We don't have answers for everything that happens in life, but this one thing we know...God is still on the throne and He is faithful to complete the good work that He has started!
Linda

No comments:
Post a Comment